The Concordia College Board of Regents has unanimously approved Dr. William J. Craft as the 11th president of Concordia College.
The vote came today, about a week after the Presidential Search Committee recommended Craft for the position.
Craft is expected to begin his official duties July 11, and will visit campus as official president-elect March 30. More details about his visit will be released in the future.
Board of Regents Chair David Solberg cited Craft’s belief in Concordia’s mission, as well as his experience, wisdom and drive as some of the reasons for his appointment.
In an e-mail sent to the entire campus community last week, committee chair Randy Boushek announced Craft had been recommended to the Board for approval. Craft recently visited campus, becoming the first candidate to visit.
“The committee followed a thorough and deliberate process in identifying and screening a talented and diverse pool of candidates,” Boushek wrote. “We are grateful for the engagement of the Concordia community in providing thoughtful input and feedback throughout our search.”
Craft is currently vice president of Academic Affairs and Dean of Luther College (Ia.). He previously was at Mt. St. Mary’s College (Md.), where he worked as an English professor and dean of undergraduate studies.
Keep reading The Concordian for more updates on this story.

Adam Voge

Position at The Concordian: Editor-in-Chief Year in school: Senior Hometown: Bertha, Minnesota Favorite Newspaper: The Star Tribune Favorite Writer: Mitch Albom Catchphrase: See what I did there?

More Posts