Sticky

When the pandemic struck, Concordia sought to inform students through a new series of summer courses looking specifically into life during a pandemic. Concordia is continuing this newfound tradition by exploring racism and anti-racism in a new set of special topic courses this summer.  Dean of the school of healthContinue Reading

Thomas Paine’s writings before the American Revolution were essential in making the case for revolution, and his pamphlet “Common Sense” exemplified this. In my AP U.S. History class in high school, we only learned about Paine’s “Common Sense” but didn’t talk about his other writings at all. This is whatContinue Reading

In the months building up to the 2020 presidential election, the Republican Party, recognizing the weaknesses of their campaign and their candidate, shifted their focus from the result to the process. Led by then-President Donald Trump, elected Republican officials began to disingenuously cry foul about new voting laws that wereContinue Reading

Women have been a large part of Concordia’s history. From past presidents and staff to current students, Concordia’s women have been changemakers on campus. While women should be appreciated every month, Women’s History Month is time set aside to reflect on the women of Concordia’s history and recognize their accomplishments.Continue Reading

Compared to this year’s dismal Golden Globes nominations (“Music,” “Emily in Paris” and Jared Leto), the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voted pretty well. No love for Spike Lee’s “Da 5 Bloods” and Kelly Reichardt’s “First Cow” stings, but these things happen. It’ll be okay. I haven’t yetContinue Reading