By Kayla Zopfi A student in my Women’s and Gender Studies class, WGS201, is currently awaiting trial for 10 counts of possession of child pornography and one count of disseminating child pornography. This is public knowledge – yet, from what I can gather, this student has been free to takeContinue Reading

When the pandemic struck, Concordia sought to inform students through a new series of summer courses looking specifically into life during a pandemic. Concordia is continuing this newfound tradition by exploring racism and anti-racism in a new set of special topic courses this summer.  Dean of the school of healthContinue Reading

In the months building up to the 2020 presidential election, the Republican Party, recognizing the weaknesses of their campaign and their candidate, shifted their focus from the result to the process. Led by then-President Donald Trump, elected Republican officials began to disingenuously cry foul about new voting laws that wereContinue Reading

Thomas Paine’s writings before the American Revolution were essential in making the case for revolution, and his pamphlet “Common Sense” exemplified this. In my AP U.S. History class in high school, we only learned about Paine’s “Common Sense” but didn’t talk about his other writings at all. This is whatContinue Reading

For a century, The Concordian has delivered the news to the Concordia community. However, in the exact center of that 100 year history, The Concordian faced its biggest challenge to date: a suspension from the college’s president. On Dec. 4, 1970, The Concordian published an issue that resulted in theContinue Reading