Hey Cobbers! Guess what? We made it through our first few weeks of school. That’s a pretty impressive feat I also think it’s something to celebrate!
Whether you’re a party person, a stay-at-home-with-my-cat person, or a get-a-nose-piercing-because-I-can person, there are a multitude of ways of celebrating the little things. This is an important thing to remember, especially doing the school year, because being a student is exhausting. But everyday there are little things we can do to celebrate and treat ourselves!
So, please enjoy the following list of 10 things you can do to celebrate your daily successes. Here’s to commemorating the little things!
- Buy yourself coffee! The Fargo-Moorhead area is filled with an abundance of cute and aesthetic coffee shops. We even have our own little place on campus with the Coffee Stop! Take a second out of your day to treat yourself with some bean juice and foam.
- Use a facemask or a pore strip. You can find facemasks at Target, Walgreens, or any other convenient convenience store. Practicing skin care is a great way to enjoy your own presence while taking a second for yourself. Think of this as the calm AFTER the storm.
- Do a happy dance in your living room! Pretend that you are Meredith Grey or Christina Yang and jump and bop out your successes.
- Share your day with a friend! When you are feeling positive, happy, and successful, tell someone about it! Tell me about it! If it’s been a good day, that’s something to talk about! Who knows, maybe you’ll make a new friend in the process by connecting over some exciting news.
- Get a tattoo. This might not be something for everyone, it is 100% something I would do. I just passed my first neuroscience quiz, and here I am, writing this article in the lobby of a tattoo parlor! Note: If you decide to go this route, make sure you have eaten recently and are financially, physically, and mentally ready to get some ink. It’s a super fun way to commemorate a great experience! Also, if you choose to do this, make sure you swing by and show me your new tattoo! Let me hype you up!
- Go out to brunch with some friends! While you’re out eating delicious breakfast food, check in with each of your friends to see what they learned this week. Ask what their successes were this week and cheers some orange juice to a great week!
- Pour yourself a drink! If you’re 21 or over, spike it! If not, a cranberry sprite will change your life.
- Watch an episode on Netflix! If you’ve been caught up with homework and readings lately, take a second to pause and treat yourself with the latest episodes of Jane the Virgin or Orange is the New Black (Hulu is okay too).
- Get some ice cream in DS! I think this is an appropriate thing to do anytime, regardless of the successes or failures. But, ice cream and dessert are superb ways to say “way to go self. You did great today.”
- Scream at the top of your lungs under the bellower. Maybe. Basically, feel free to shout out a WOO-HOO! And be proud of yourself!
Overall, make sure you are doing something for yourself to celebrate the successes in your life. Even if it feels like a baby step, the little successes usually affect us big time. Keep on rocking on!
See you next week,