BBC News app

BBC-reviewStudents here today are said to live in the “Concordia Bubble.” The outer world is forgotten and the focus is on the next CEC activity on campus. The Student Government Association has tried to help this problem by putting newspapers around campus. But reading an entire newspaper can take a long time and not to mention is usually easier to throw away than recycle. There is one thing that the majority of students on campus have: a smartphone. And with this you can access all the news you want in the convenient BBC News app.

The app is set up so that you can get the news that is important to you as quickly as possible. The homepage has the different sections of the news such as top stories, technology, and business. Each section shows a few of the top articles in that category. You can slide along and see more stories, or open up the first article and slide to read the next one. Underneath the sections there are more country options so you can read the top stories from around the world. The homepage is sleek, easy to use, and can be customized for each person. You can choose which countries you want on the homepage and in what order you feel is the best.

The app also tries to keep you up to date with the latest information as it is happening. You can listen to the live radio and hear the stories in the relaxing British accents and actual interviews. Then, if some big event happens when the app is closed you get a notification as if BBC was texting you to tell you some important information. If you don’t want those updates you can turn them off, everything in the app is up to you. What you think is most important, how up to date do you want to stay, and the amount of information you want on a certain topic.

There are many news apps out there, but BBC News is set apart partly because of the reputation from the actual news site. It is also completely free, no downloading the app and finding out you can only look at a few stories before you have reached your limit and must subscribe to read more. Still, a few things could be worked on. Finding a story from a while ago can be difficult and reading long stories on your phone does get a little tiring. But the flow of the app makes getting news fast and easy.

BBC News is available for both Iphone and Android users and is free! Download it today to stay informed from anywhere.  All of your news can be found in the one app.