CS Program Eliminated

The Computer Science Program has been eliminated at Concordia. The following email was sent to students majoring in computer science on Feb. 7.

Dear Students majoring or minoring in Computer Science,

I am writing to you today to inform you about a decision regarding the Computer Science program at Concordia.  The college will be phasing out Computer Science as part of the Mathematics department and transitioning the program to the business program.

THIS WILL NOT IMPACT YOU.  All current students will be able to finish the Computer Science Major or Minor as it is currently found in the handbook.  For many of you this is a second major but for some it is your primary major.  I want to assure you that we will be offering the courses you need so you can graduate on time.  The Registrar’s office will work with the faculty to review your records and develop a graduation plan for you over the next years.

In the future, we will be moving faculty lines that are now in computer science to the business program in order to enhance the Management Information Systems track.  Some of our current courses will continue to be taught and we want to keep a minor in computer science.

Let me reiterate that we will make sure you can graduate with your major/minor in computer science.  We owe this to you.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Mark J. Krejci, Ph.D.
Provost &
Dean of the College
Concordia College
Moorhead, Minnesota