Global Studies In Action Conference

This Friday, March 15, the Concordia College Global Studies Student Advisory Committee, comprising of about 20 students, in conjunction with Dr. Ken Foster will be holding the fourth annual Global Studies In Action Conference.  The conference offers two sessions: an informal informational booth session and a formal dinner and keynote speaker session.

Each end of the year, the department opens this conference to all 60 of the current global studies students at Concordia and any other student seriously interested in pursuing a global studies concentration.

“We want students to actively connect with each other and their community,” said Bobby Brunhuber, the global studies intern.

The pre-dinner session will run from 4 to 6 in Jones C/D and will feature booths from SEA on global sustainability, Sue Zurn and Kelly Meyer on global careers, Suzanna Lu on intercultural awareness and Kirstin Erber on global education and study abroad.  This session is open to any student interested in global studies.

The dinner session, which students are no longer able to register for, will feature two speakers in Jones A/B. Catherina Johnson, a 2010 Concordia graduate, will be Skyping in from Ukraine where she is teaching English through Peace Corps.  The keynote speaker, Kelsey Corbin, is an intern program coordinator for Invisible Children.

The goal of the conference is to allow global studies students to both interact with each other and professionals in the field as well as to give global studies students a concrete sense of career options after graduation.