Press "Enter" to skip to content

Fire alarms force residents out of dorm

Two fire alarms within about an hour of each other drove residents out of Hoyum Hall Tuesday morning. Moorhead Fire Department responded to both events, one caused by smoke from overcooked bacon and the other by smoke from burnt popcorn, said Bill MacDonald, director of public safety. No open flames were reported. MacDonald said this was a chance to remind students to adjust to new stoves and microwaves and to take fire alarms seriously. Above: Students wait to re-enter Hoyum after the second alarm. Photo by Regan Whitney

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.